Welcome to Reality Code! Thank you for visiting and trying out our Platform!
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using Reality Code after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
Reality Code and our Platform is for your personal, non-commercial use.
1. Some Important Items to Clarify Up Front
- Reality Code is offering its Platform to allows creators to register their digital Assets, or their ideas to create an Asset, on a private blockchain, and to provide tools to Creators and Supporters that help facilitate direct transactions between them (i.e. sales, use licenses, gift purchases, donations, investments, and considered together “Transactions”).
- We are not parties to any transaction between Creators and Supporters and make no representations or recommendations regarding any Asset or the terms of any transaction.
- Some Assets are already completed, some are still in the works and not yet complete, and some are still ideas seeking funding to begin development. Creating and marketing new digital Assets isn’t always easy and while some projects will succeed, others will run into obstacles and may never be completed or achieve their goals. Be prepared for both.
- Reality Code does not independently evaluate or verify the origins, ownership, rights or any other characteristic of Assets that are registered on the Platform. We strongly recommend that each Creator and Supporter do their own proper diligence and seek professional guidance for any Transaction they are considering.
- Reality Code does not provide any guarantees to Creators or Supporters related to any Transaction and does not resolve disputes or offer refunds — Supporters decide what’s worth funding and what’s not.
2. Creating An Account
You can browse Reality Code without registering for an account. But to use some of Reality Code’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose a username, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us has to be accurate and complete and you are not permitted to impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to support@RealityCode.io.
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live.
3. The Don’t List
Authenticity, transparency, and creating a positive Asset Registration and Transactions experience for all are important guiding principles for Reality Code and our Platform. There are some pretty basic rules on our Don’t List that everyone must follow. We reserve the right to terminate use and seek all available and appropriate remedies to assure users follow these and any other rules or agreements.
- Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t violate any of Reality Code’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Reality Code or another party).
- Don’t use information about other users you may receive related to a Transaction, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses, for any other purpose other than the Transaction or project it was related to.
Also very important, not to do any of these additional things related to our Site:
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Reality Code or another party.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t take any action that imposes, based on our sole opinion, an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers.
- Don’t use any kind of software or device to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of Reality Code.
4. How Transactions Work
This section explains the relationship between Creators and Supporters, and who’s responsible for what. This is what you’re agreeing to when you create or support a project/asset on the Reality Code Platform.
Reality Code provides a Registration and Transactions Platform for digital Assets. When a Creator registers and publishes an Asset on Reality Code, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs an Asset through a Transaction is accepting the Creator’s offer, and forming that contract.
Reality Code is not a part of this contract — the contract is a direct legal agreement between Creators and their Supporters. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
When a Transaction is entered, the Creator and Supporter must each complete the business rules associated with the Transaction (the “Business Rules”).
Reality Code doesn’t offer refunds. Responsibility for finishing a project lies entirely with the project Creator subject to any Business Rules that apply to the Supporter. Reality Code doesn’t hold funds on Creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee Creators’ work, and does not offer refunds of any kind.
If a Creator is unable to complete the creation of an Asset that has Supporters, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for Supporters and must at a minimum:
- post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned; and
- work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to Supporters.
Each party is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project and Business Rules. If either is unable to satisfy such terms and promises of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by the other party.
5. Transaction Payments
These are the terms that apply to Transaction Payments:
- Reality Code and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the remaining proceeds of a Transaction.
- Transactions that are not able to be collected by Reality Code (i.e. expired charge card or disputed amounts) are not subject to any payment obligations for Reality Code.
- We do not resolve payment-card disputes.
6. Some Important Things We Aren’t Responsible For
Reality Code does not oversee performance of an Asset or parties to a Transaction and isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t endorse any content or Asset users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release Reality Code from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
7. Our Fees
Creating an account on Reality Code is free. Registering an Asset on Reality Code is free. If you wish to publish your Asset (make it available for search and Transactions) we charge a $10 fee per Asset plus a $1.50 administrative fee each time you exchange fiat for tokens or vice-versa. If you complete any Transaction, we charge a success fee equal to 1% of the total Transaction amount plus the full amount of what our payment partners collect for administering the transaction (which fees may vary slightly based on your location). Each payment provider is its own company, and Reality Code isn’t responsible for its performance.
We will not collect any other fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Reality Code.
8. Other Websites
Reality Code may contain links to other websites such as Creator websites. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
Reality Code partners with other companies (such as ) for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
9. Your Intellectual Property
Reality Code doesn’t own the Asset or any content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit Content to us, you agree to these terms:
- You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content in connection with your use of the Platform.
- Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Reality Code all the license rights outlined here).
- You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Reality Code’s hosting of that Content.
- If Reality Code or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- Reality Code will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
10. Reality Code’s Intellectual Property
Reality Code’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
Reality Code grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both Reality Code’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from Reality Code or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
11. How We Deal with Copyright Issues
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act lays out a system of legal requirements for dealing with allegations of copyright infringement. Reality Code complies with the DMCA, and we respond to notices of alleged infringement if they comply with the law. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers, at our sole discretion.
12. Deleting Your Account
You can terminate your account at any time through your account settings. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. You can contact us at for additional information or to request project page deletion (this is not available in all circumstances).
13. Our Rights
To maintain our Site and Platform according to our goals and intentions, Reality Code explicitly reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Reality Code Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Reality Code. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Reality Code in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
Reality Code is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
14. Warranty Disclaimer
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
REALITY CODE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM REALITY CODE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
15. Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
If you do something that results in a lawsuit against us, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Site or Services. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Reality Code, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall Reality Code’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
16. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at Reality Code encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that Reality Code and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Reality Code or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Reality Code, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County in the State of California, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
17. Other Provisions
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Reality Code with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Reality Code with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Reality Code to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get Reality Code’s prior written consent. Reality Code has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. Reality Code will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read and understand the Terms for using Reality Code!